- What Information Does DC Macey Collect?
Contact List: When you sign up via the Contact Me option form on the D C Macey website: www.dcmacey.com, data is collected from you: your first name, your last name and your contact email address only. This is collected only for the purposes of provision of occasional author updates and newsletters.
Financial Information: This website does not gather, store or use financial information in any form.
Cookies: Like almost all websites, cookies are used to track your engagement with us on the website (see below) and third-party analytics tracking systems, such as Google Analytics and FaceBook Pixel, may track your use of our websites, This is used for internal information about visitor’s preferences and to improve our services. We never use this data for demographic or marketing purposes.
You can be assured that your personal information will never be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company or individual for any reason whatsoever.
- What does DC Macey Use Your Information For?
Your information is used only in the following ways:
- to communicate with you when you have questions about DC Macey’s books, writing and future plans
- to send you occasional newsletters, publications, blog broadcasts, and other information emails at your request (you can unsubscribe from the mailing list at any time)
- to improve our website (we are constantly striving to improve our website and other offerings in response to feedback and information gleaned from web analytics)
- How Does DC Macey Protect Data?
We make it a priority to maintain the privacy of your personal information and take all appropriate technical and organizational precautions to secure your personal data and to prevent its loss, misuse, or alteration.
- We store all your personal data on secure servers.
- We have a variety of security measures in place and use only trusted partners.
- What If DC Macey Has Wrong Information About You?
Please let us know if any personal data we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. N.B. www.dcmacey.com retains only your first name, last name and email address, as entered in the Contact Me form.
- What Are Cookies and What Does DC Macey Do With Them?
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either “persistent” or “session” cookies.
- A persistent cookie is stored by a web browser and remains valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted before then by the user.
- A session cookie expires at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete them.
- Does DC Macey disclose information to outside parties?
Personal data that we process will not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose. One year after your membership expires we will delete your membership information.
We work with trusted third parties to operate our website, conduct business and provide our services and only those who agree to keep information confidential.
Please Note: In a situation where a release of information is necessary to comply with the law, or to protect your, our or other’s legal rights, property or safety, we may release the necessary information to the authorities. In the unlikely event of such, all members would be immediately informed.
- What about non-personally identifiable information?
No. We do not release non-personally identifiable information either.
- What About Sites DC Macey Links to?
DC Macey may occasionally recommend, link to or direct site visitors and followers to third-party websites. Though we do at all times make full effort to protect the integrity of all linked services and partnerships, DC Macey cannot accept responsibility or liability for the content or activities of linked sites.
These individuals or companies have their own independent privacy and cookies policies, which you need to check separately.
We actively invite member and follower feedback on all third-party experiences.
- YOUR RIGHTS AND CONSENT
- Your Rights
We would like you to know your principal rights under EU data protection law:
- The right to access: You have the right to confirm the personal data we hold about you and will be pleased to provide access if you request it.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you corrected and to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
- The right to erasure: This is also known as the “right to be forgotten.” You have the right to the erasure of your personal data without undue delay for any reason. There are a few exceptions to this right, required to comply with certain legal obligations, or provide defence against a legal claim. Again, all interested parties will be informed fully.
- The right to restrict processing: In certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. e.g. if you contest the accuracy of the data; or we no longer need the data, but you would like it retained for legal reasons.
- The right to object to processing: If you make such an objection, DC Macey will cease to process your personal information, unless there is compelling legitimate grounds that override your interests. Again, in the unlikely event of this happening, you can be assured of complete transparency and disclosure.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling for direct marketing purposes). DC Macey does not use your data for such, beyond sending you occasional newsletters, publications, blog broadcasts, and other information emails. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal data for this purpose.
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority: If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes any data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection.
- The right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent to provision of your data at any time.
- Your Age
Our website and services are targeted at people over the age of 16. If we have reason to believe that we hold personal data of a person under that age in our databases, we will delete it.
- Your Consent
- Further Questions
If you have any questions or concerns about our handling of data, please e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org
General questions about handling of data privacy are answered by this EU guide to the individual’s right to general data protection: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/